Wednesday, August 1, 2007

STUFFED ZUCCHINI


Christanne gave me a massive zucchini and tomatoes fresh from her garden and gave me this yummy recipe. Phil and I LOVED it and Tyler and Chase managed to choke it down.


STUFFED ZUCCHINI

A massive Zucchini
Sausage (i used sweet turkey sausage)Garlic
Onion
Peppers if you want them. I didn't have any and it was still great.
Tomatoes
Bread crumbs
Parmesan
Mozzarella
Brown the sausage. While doing that, cut the zucc in half lengthwise and remove all the "meat." Cut it up into small pieces and set shell aside. Drain the sausage and saute garlic and onion w/ the sausage until translucent. Add zucc and peppers or other veggies cook until soft. Then add tomatoes and cook until soft. Remove from heat and add enough bread crumbs and parmesan to make it stuffing-like. Salt and pepper to tasete. Put stuffing back into shell and sprinkle w/ mozzarella. Put some water in bottom of pan so shell doesn't burn and cook for about 30 mins. at 350 degrees.

1 comment:

Kristin said...

Ummmmmm, YUM!! That looks delish. I see a stop at Christanne's garden in my near future!