Tuesday, August 28, 2007

Late August Menu

cydney and i were discussing "dinner menus" and we decided that we should really post them here for others to envy and admire, but mostly for others to get inspiration. anyway, i do 14 meals per menu to minimize grocery trips. so cyd, this is for you:

BLTs
black bean tostadas
caesar salad and bread
tuscan roast pork
mini turkey burgers
couscous-stuffed chicken
artichoke chicken
apricot & cheddar chicken melt (hey, see below)
udon noodles
roast chicken with asparagas & potatoes
artichoke chicken
fuselli pasta with yellow squash & bacon
summer skillet (hey, also see below)
italian chicken soup

wow, that's a lot of chicken. :)
posted by spy

10 comments:

CYD said...

I am seething w/ jealousy. I am not even about to post my menu!!! So how often do you do this? Do you rotate, or change every 14 days? So delicious. I need to sit and create a menu too. Thanks for the inspiration!!!

spyderette said...

yes, i create a new menu each time, though, of course, eventually, there are repeats.

i then base my shopping trip on the menu.

let me know if you want any recipes.

ME said...

I can't even begin to get this organized! Maybe when I have kids to feed. All I need to have in the house is CHEESE, Glorious CHEESE and Joe is happy! And half the time I don't even buy it, he does!
Rachael

spyderette said...

it all stems from an intense hatred of grocery shopping, but love of cooking. i hate going to the store and dropping 100 bucks and still not having anything to cook...make sense?

mindi said...

um, sis...
artichoke chicken twice in 14 days!?
it is delicious, but COME ON!

spyderette said...

oops. that's a mistake. :)

spyderette said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
spyderette said...

the second one is supposed to be APRICOT chicken, so there!

Stephanie said...

Will you please post the recipe for fuselli pasta with yellow squash and bacon :)

Unknown said...

I have yet to see the Udon noodles at dinner. Unless you count eating out! :)

mmmmm...Tiger Noodles...