Thursday, March 13, 2008

Tomato, White Bean and Potato Salad


A new twist on an old favorite. I was thinking about sides for Easter dinner (which for us is usually ham--tradition) and found this in my new french cook book. It definitely is a fresh spring salad and is pretty too (I added two chopped hard boiled eggs since I used it as our main course).
1 pound white or red skinned new potatoes
1 pound tomatoes (peeled--just throw them in boiling water and then peel)
2 cans of cannelli beans (I used 1 and it was fine but 2 would have been fine too)
1/2 bunch chopped parley
4 scallions, whites and greens, chopped
1 lemon, juice and zest
1/4 cup olive oil
1 hot red pepper, chopped (I used jalapeno because it is what I had and it was good)
Salt and pepper to taste
Boil potatoes, cool and then chop into wedges. Then add everything else. Serve at room temperature. Also yummy left overs.

No comments: