Wednesday, April 9, 2008

Black Bean Hummus


Last month on the food network, they featured a restaurant that served black bean hummus. It looked so tasty, I thought I would come up with my own version. I made it last night and --YUM. We had it with rice, cilantro and corn salad and chips and tortillas.
Black Bean Hummus
2 cans black beans, one drained and one with liquid
1-2 cloves or garlic, minced
1/2 cup cilantro, rough chopped
1 jalepeno pepper, rough chopped
1 TBS olive oil
Juice from one lime
salt to taste
Puree all in the food processor. Adjust seasonings--eat.

3 comments:

ME said...

What is cilantro and corn salad?

Christanne said...

It is just a little salad that I make with rice, corn, cilantro, and whatever else you want with lime juice and salt to season.

ME said...

I had this at book group last night and it was delicous! I will even attempt to make it.